Want to know more about the book. Here is an outline of The Prewrath Rapture: Answering the Critics
Part 1: The Prewrath Rapture
I. Chapter 1: Introduction
A. Explanation of what the rapture is, and briefly explain the importance of the doctrine
B. Personal testimony of how I came to believe this view
II. Chapter 2: Before We Begin
A. Define frequently used terms and interpretive method
1. Rules for studying/interpreting Scripture.
a. Literal versus allegorical methods
b. Literal method using acronym LIGHTS
2. Terms and definitions
a. Resurrection, various kinds
b. Resurrection, spiritual or bodily?
c. Church age
d. The seventieth week
e. The great tribulation
f. The Antichrist and his mark
g. The 144,000
h. The Day of the Lord
III. Chapter 3: Choices
A. The various views
1. Danger of allegorical method of interpretation
B. A-millennial (allegorical method) system and its key problems
C. Post-millennial (allegorical method) system and its problems
D. Partial rapture (literal method, pre-millennial) and its problems
1. Definition and history
2. Problems - direct scriptural problems
3. Answers to their key verses
E. Mid-tribulation (literal method, pre-millennial) theory
1. Definition and history
2. Problems - scriptural, saints of Jesus appear after Abomination in Revelation
3. Problems - scriptural, 6th seal, 7th trumpet both happen after the Abomination of Desolation which are two usual markers for midtrib rapture in theory.
F. Post-tribulation (literal method, pre-millennial) theory
1. Definitions and brief history
a. Compare Preterist and historicist views, variations on the theme which use allegorical method, and are often not pre-millennial
2. Problem - some deny dispensational theory – the ultimate restoration of Israel
a. Prove Israel is restored in end time, thorough discussion
3. Problems - scriptural, church delivered from wrath & others
a. Posttrib reasoning, and answers to them
4. The order of seals, trumpets, bowls from testimony of Scripture.
a. They are sequential
G. Pretribulation (literal method, pre-millennial) theory
1. Definition and brief history
2. Key arguments of theory
a. All answered in main portion of this book in considerable detail
H. Pre-wrath (most consistently literal method) view
1. Definition and history
IV. Chapter 4: A Strong Foundation
A. Compare recognized rapture passages with those claimed by pretribs to be separate for Armageddon/second coming.
1. Examine and show there are at least 12 points shared by most of these passages, demonstrating that they likely refer to the same event of Christ’s coming
a. Defend comparisons from those who argue against them
2. Show Armageddon contrasts drastically with the other passages
a. Shows a problem with posttrib, as well as the usual pretrib view of Matthew 24
V. Chapter 5: Introduction to Matthew 24
A. Matthew 24, Mark 13 parallel. Luke 21 not directly parallel
B. Luke 21 - still at the temple mount
1. Mostly relates to fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, though it will have some similarities to the Abomination of Desolation.
a. Beginning and end does parallel Matt 24, to produce a reason for the next point
2. This discussion spurred the disciples' further question on Mount of Olives that night, Matthew 24
C. Matthew 24 for the instruction of the church, not Israel
1. The Parousia, only one second coming of Jesus
a. Examine pretrib claim of dual parousia
b. Look at seven Greek words for “coming, appearing, and revelation”
aa. Define the seven words
bb. Show how each is used
c. The three stages of a single, pre-wrath-view parousia
2. Matthew wrote to instruct the church, including this chapter
VI. Chapter 6: The End of the Age (Matt 24, part 2)
A. The three division of Matthew 24, imagery of child birth
B. The beginning of birth pangs
1. The first three seal judgments described
C. The significance of the end of the age
D. This gospel of the Kingdom
E. Growing persecution bringing in the fourth seal
1. A scandalized falling away
F. Great Tribulation cut short
1. Amputated for the sake of the elect
2. Identity of the elect proven to be the church
a. defend against pretrib view – prove the elect cannot be Israel or the unsaved
G. The sixth seal
1. Not a secret coming - don't be deceived by false teachers
2. Matt 24:29-31 cannot be at Armageddon - doesn't make sense
3. Early church believed this was rapture/resurrection of church
4. Luke 21 parallels these few verses, promises rapture when we see
all these things, the heavenly signs and earthquake
H. Some taken in rapture, some left under wrath
1. Compare dragnet parable and wheat and tares (Matt 13)
2. Great tribulation cannot be synonymous with God's wrath
3. Close look at examples of Noah and Lot from Luke 17
a. Defense that Noah’s and Lot’s deliverance = rapture away from wrath
b. God's wrath is more than just Armageddon
I. Summary and conclusion.
VII. Chapter 7: 2Thessalonians
A. Paul and Jesus agree, Antichrist before rapture (2Thess 2:1-4)
1. Gathering and parousia under one heading, Day of the Lord (DOL)
2. Thessalonians thought Christ's coming was imminent
a. Paul was correcting this
3. First comes the apostasy, the falling away in Matthew 24:8-13
a. What is the falling away?
4. Reasons for church to enter great tribulation
a. Purification of church and prove God's wrath on world is just
5. The restrainer is the Archangel Michael
a. He restrains the spiritual forces behind Antichrist.
b. He is taken out of the way around the time of the Abomination
VIII. Chapter 8: The Church and Revelation
A. The seven letters to the churches
1. Pretrib explanations of the meaning of these letters answered
2. Written to the end time church for the seventieth week
B. Revelation 3:10 kept from the hour of trial means God's keeping power, not removal
1. Arguments from Greek
2. Arguments from context
C. Revelation 4:1 cannot be the rapture.
D. 24 elders (Rev. 4) cannot be raptured saints.
IX. Chapter 9: The Day-of-the-Lord Wrath
A. The Day of the Lord is closely related to the timing of the rapture
1. Common pretrib view that the DOL equates to seventieth week
B. Sixth seal signs must precede DOL (Joel 2:31)
C. Silence of seventh seal when it starts (Zeph 1:7; Zech 2:13)
1. Rapture seen in Zephaniah 1:7
2. Isaiah chapters 16-21: references to various stages of Christ's coming
D. God's wrath begins at same time as the DOL (Is 13 and others)
1. Seal judgments are not apocalyptic wrath from which church exempted
E. The great tribulation is called the time of testing and Satan's wrath, not God's wrath
F. Sixth seal, God's wrath “has come.” Argue from Greek and context
G. First, fifth seals cannot be wrath, therefore seals 2, 3, 4 cannot, ramifications
1. The Lord alone exalted in the Day of the Lord, not Antichrist and Satan!
X. Chapter 10: Imminency and the Early Church
A. The most reliable early church teachers all believed we would see the Antichrist. Most reformers who believed in imminency were preterists or historicists.
1. Significance of this - info included to counter pretrib claims that the early church taught an any-moment coming. They clearly did not.
2. It is ultimately Scripture that matters
3. Direct quotes from numerous Early Church Fathers that we would face Antichrist
B. The pretrib theory of imminency examined and refuted thoroughly
C. Proponents of other theories all admit their views are not without problems.
Part 2: Answering the Critics
XI. Chapter 11: Last Points and Most Common Critiques.
A. Dispensational theory and Pre-wrath: a better fit than pretrib
B. The last trump at the rapture: the Jehoshaphat Campaign and DOL
C. Answering 15 commonly raised complaints against pre-wrath view made by several authors
XII. Chapter 12: Answer the critique by Renald E. Showers
A. Answers those complaints not already addressed in Chapter 11.
XIII. Chapters 13, 14: Answer the critique by Lee W. Brainard. 2 chapters
A. He has a completely different approach, but all his points are answered easily. Further, though he is pretrib, even other pretribs have a problem with his view of the end time, as it is drastically different from what most believe. Regarding his views on the Day of the Lord, he is closer to posttrib than pretrib, so this serves to answer some issues of the posttrib theory as well.
Click this link to purchase this book from Amazon